Monday, January 21, 2013

Work in Progress


 Better late than never, right?

Yesterday, I was stuck out in the country (the other part of the country, not the part I live in) due to the weather. And today I'm stuck at home due to a stubborn cold. Which means crocheting time!

Payday has not yet arrived, so I had to begin a new blanket before finishing the other 2. (The rule is: no more yarn or fabric purchases till payday and budget are complete!) I decided 2 ripple blankets on-the-go are more than enough, and wanted to try something lacy, so this Bernat pattern fit the bill perfectly. And because it's so lacy, I might actually have sufficient yarn to finish it! (By the way, if you want to try the pattern, you'll have to register with the site to access it. It's free though.)

Because it's absolutely frigid outside (CBC says it's currently -25°C, and -37 °C with the windchill), the sun is shining beautifully. Time for a picture!


(And yes, this is another Rowan yarn. This time it's their felted tweed, 50% Merino, 25% Alpaca, and 25% viscose. Shade 165. I believe the name is 'Scree'.)

I often imagine what my projects could be used for, and I think this one would make a lovely photographer's prop. The neutral colour and the lovely texture...my neutral-colours-and-varied-textures-loving-soul swoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message! I read and appreciate every single one. (To keep this blog a friendly, positive place, I will delete any comments with personal attacks or objectionable content.)