Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Charm Pack + An Afternoon


It's the Thanksgiving long weekend, and I've got time to sew! Our family will be thankful two weeks later than usual. In the meantime, I couldn't wait to put this charm pack together. Since the squares are so small, I just arranged the squares in a 6x6 square, using good ol' ROY G BIV to help me decide which colour to use next. (If you look carefully and squint just right, there's an approximate colour progression going on here.)


I've got 5 nieces and 1 nephew, so I used the overwhelming preponderance of females to guide this fabric choice.

 
See? Girly girly girly. And fun fun fun!
 
 

I'd like to finish it off with a coloured border and backing, but am not sure which direction to go in. Solid? Striped? Batik? Neutral? Help? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message! I read and appreciate every single one. (To keep this blog a friendly, positive place, I will delete any comments with personal attacks or objectionable content.)